Sunday, May 19, 2013

Roku Remote Options

Some of you may already know that the Roku remote can be a bit tempermental.  You may wish to consider setting your Roku remote aside and start using the Roku Remote Control App in its place.

You can get the Roku Remote Control App from here or just go to the App Store on your phone and search for "Roku Remote Control". They have both an Android version and an iPhone version.

IMHO, the Roku Remote Control App is a whole lot better than the Roku remote control.  I use the Roku Remote Control App about 98% of the time - it really is that much more convenient and reliable.

Go ahead and check it out.  Oh, yeah, it's free so the price isn't so bad either!



4 comments:

  1. Hi Chris,

    I was searching the web when I came across your blog. My problem is this - I have a ROKU XD from a friend that has no remote. I have a ROKU 3 I was hoping I can use it's remote to kickstart the XD then use the APP thereafter. I have tried to program the remote to the XD but it has not worked. Remoku.TV isn't much of a help at the moment until I can move the XD selector from language to get to WIFI. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanx!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the remote can be finicky at times, but it has two features that I absolutely love - the headphone jack and Wifi connection! I know that the app works just as well as the remote for range, but it would be nice if you could plug headphones into your iPhone and hear the audio too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing a beneficial information Roku Error Code 014.

    ReplyDelete