Error Code 014
Ouch! Not a very informative error message. You should know that a number of issues can cause and Error Code 014. Unfortunately, the Roku engineers used this error code as a 'catch all' for any network connection problems.
OK, here's what you should do if you get and Error Code 014:
If you're getting an Error Code 014 while trying to setup a wireless connection, are you able to plug the Roku into the network using an Ethernet cable? I'm not sugesting you do this permanently, rather, connecting the Roku to the Internet using an Ethernet cable can get you past an outdated firmware issue.
- Connect your Roku to your cable modem or to your router using an Ethernet cable.
- Complete the setup for an Ethernet connection in the Roku settings.
- While Ethernet connection is active (i.e. still connected to your modem or router) go back to the Internet settings on the Roku and choose the wireless connection option.
- After choosing the wireless option, choose your network.
- Input your password (remember, case matters!).
- You should now be connected to your wireless network.
If this didn't work for you, don't panic. Take a look at Solution #2, below.