Sunday, January 13, 2013

Comcast is Evil!

I'm usually scraping to get by each month.  I get paid every other Friday and usually by Sunday I have less than $100 in my account.  Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to be employed and I live a full and wonderful life.  I'm just living hand-to-mouth most of the time so I'm always looking for a way to save a buck.

One bill I've had for years and years is for my cable which is through Comcast, our local carrier.  I get Internet, video and phone service.  I add a few premium channels and I try to take advantage of whatever deals they offer.

I was paying roughly $150 a month.  Some months I'd get behind and have to pay catch-up which would cost me $300.  Here's a reminder:


How did this get so expensive?  I remember when cable first came out and it cost $29.95 a month!

Comcast is big, Comcast is clever and Comcast is evil  They have a very simple plan:  take all your money.

So I came up with a plan....

2 comments:

  1. Love this post and I agree 100%. I cut the cord to both Comcast and DirecTV. I used to pay $140/month for internet and cable with 1 premium channel and 1 box with Comcast and $80/month with DirecTV with no premium channels and 3 boxes. I have Clear internet unlimited 4g for $45/mo. I have Hulu Plus and NetFlix streaming thru Roku, and I get my local TV stations via a digital antenna free! Most of the premium channel's series are on Netflix. I am only disappointed about one show I love which is A Person of Interest which airs on CBS. For some reason they stopped streaming episodes during season 1, so I fell behind. If anyone knows where season 1 is let me know.

    ReplyDelete